Tour around Adjara
Beautiful region of Adjara, officially known as the Autonomous Republic of Adjara, is a historical, geographic and political-administrative region of Georgia. Located in the country’s southwestern corner, Adjara lies on the coast of the Black Sea near the foot of the Lesser Caucasus Mountains, north of Turkey.
- Qualified guide-instructor
- Entrance tickets
Tour Duration: 3 Days
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Departure from batumi to Botanical garden
- Visit Batumi Botanical Garden– the world second largest Botanical Gardens, which is located on the territory of 111 ha 9 km from Batumi. It is divided into 9 phyto-geographical sections: Transcaucasia Humid Subtropics, New Zealand Section,South American Section, Australian Section,Himalayan Section, Mexican Section,East Asian Section, North American Section, Mediterranean Section. The collection of the Garden consists over 2000 arboreal and the same number of herbaceous taxonomic units.
- Visit “Charmed Fortress of Petra” (VI c.AD.) Historically this territory was the settlement place of one of the Kartvelian tribes – Lazes. The Byzantine Emperor Justinian built a city here because of the unique military-strategic and trade-economical location. The city was crossed by the essential road connecting Western Georgia, Byzantine provinces, Iran and Armenia.
- Visit Old Batumi (Neptune’s square, amazing Piazza Square with St Nicholas Church, Chacha Fountain,St. Mary Cathedral,Batumi Port, Seaside Park…)
- Visiting Mtirala National Park – Park Located at 1.381 m above sea level, it is the rainiest territory in Georgia, hence the name “mtirala” meaning “weeping”. High humidity, frequent rains and fog make the landscape of Mtirala National Park very special.
- Departure to Mtirala park
- Arriving to visitor center
- Visiting gorge of the Chakvistskali River
- Exploring the national Parrk
- Visit A 15 m high waterfall covered in ivy and Colchic box trees
- Lake of divine beauty, where you can see trout
- Come back to Batumi
- Departure from batumi
- visiting Makhunceti Waterfall.
- Visiting Arch Bridge of Queen Tamar of the 12th century.
- Ariving to Adjarian Wine House, which was built on the ruins of historical winery of 18th century in Adjara and it is situated on Acharistskali River. You will have a little tour inside the winery. Wine testing of 5 best Georgian Wines is possible, based on your desire, among them is the pride of Keda region-“Porto Franco”-dry rose wine.
- Visiting Gonio Fortress, of the 1st century. The name is connected to the character in the Greek Myth of Argonauts (Apsaros is a brother of Medea). The Fortress was built in the Hellenistic period. The earliest archeological layers date to 8th and 7th century BC.
- Return to Batumi